PLANT FOR CHOCOLATE, COMPOUNDS AND CREAMS PROCESSING - MULTIPROCESS
Small chocolate producers feel the need to make their own products themselves by starting from directly selecting cocoa beans according to their origin. They then prepare suitable mixes with proper ingredients and various recipes to characterise and stabilise taste; adopt their own process technology and, finally, show customers that their professional skills applied to a modern system can allow for the creation of higher-quality products.
To do this, it is necessary to use small systems with limited productions, capable of accurately reproducing the various stages of the industrial process, namely by properly processing cocoa beans and then producing chocolate, as well as taking into account the need for frequent recipe changes along with quick and easy sanitisation of all the parts coming into contact with the product.
TECNO 3 decided to radically tackle the problem by splitting the process into two parts - from beans to cocoa nibs, and from cocoa nibs to chocolate.
After examining the various systems already available on the market, TECNO 3 focused its design efforts on an innovative line that, in full compliance with the production cycle, could be a step forward both in cocoa bean processing during debacterisation and winnowing, and in the conching and recipe change phases of chocolate preparation.
The goals that TECNO 3 regarded as crucial are:
- The line small footprint
- Effectively debacterising beans
- Properly separating cocoa nibs from shells
- The possibility of processing dried fruit
- Accurately mixing chocolate ingredients
- Effective refining to achieve the desired grain size
- Quick and effective conching to optimise taste
- Producing fat doughs and creams other than chocolate
- Quickly disassembling and replacing all parts coming into contact with the product for accurate cleaning during recipe changes, with no ingredient overlap.
The complete process is developed through two compact, separate and independent mini-lines which, to be commissioned, only require an electrical connection, with no need of other utility services.
1. Multiprocess R is a system designed for processing cocoa beans, throughout a cycle starting with roasting - with the possibility of setting different parameters depending on the desired quality result - through to debacterisation, and ending with bean crushing and nib separation. Dried fruit is processed in the same way, being dried and roasted, peeled and granulated, or collected as a whole product. The cycle of operations can be performed automatically. Only the roaster must be manually loaded.
2. Multiprocess C is a system developed by TECNO 3 to produce small amounts of chocolate by starting from cocoa nib grinding through to dispensing and mixing ingredients, as well as refining and conching, until finished liquid chocolate, ready to be shaped, is obtained. Namely, the effectiveness of the conching stage is achieved with an airflow treatment on chocolate, distributed in a thin layer, while the use of easily removable belts, without pumps and piping, makes cleaning very easy. The process takes place automatically with a cyclical development and can be stopped when the product has reached the desired quality.
Production capacity satisfies the various types of artisanal chocolatiers, reaching up to 30 kg of beans for Multiprocess R, while for Multiprocess C capacity varies from 5, 25 and 50 Kg of chocolate.
As a pilot system, it represents a valid alternative for the R&D laboratories of large companies.
Both systems are made of Aisi 304 stainless steel and are assembled on wheels to be able to move them easily. They are equipped with touch-screen operator panels where all recipe parameters can be set, stored and recalled, and where you can choose between a manual and an automatic cycle.
The harmonious design and continuous view of the product as the production cycle develops and various protective guards made of Lexan as well as full compliance with safety, health and hygiene standards, make it possible to display the systems for customers in shops or laboratories.